You’re health conscious and on the run! Sometimes you get a craving for something sweet but most of the prepared desserts you find at the grocery stores are filled with fat and sugar. Do you have any options or must you forgo dessert entirely? The good news is there are quick and healthy dessert alternatives available to you.
You can make these quick and healthy desserts in a jiffy. Plus, they won’t put the pounds on you:
3. Place a scoop of fat free vanilla ice cream into a bowl. Add one of the many flavors of sugar free coffee syrups made by such companies as DaVinci and Monin. You’ll find delicious flavors such as almond, vanilla, caramel, raspberry and many more with zero calories per serving! Sprinkle lightly with nuts for a healthy dessert that’s guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
5. Here’s a super easy way to make heavenly sorbet. Take 2 cups of strawberries and 2 cups of blueberries and place them along with 1/2 cup of water into a blender. Add 1/2 cup of sugar or splenda and a pinch of salt. Puree until smooth. Pour the pureed berry mixture through a sieve into a freezer safe container. Freeze for around 2 hours. Allow it to thaw a few minutes before serving.
6. Mix fat free vanilla yogurt with a small amount of peanut butter and brown sugar. Mix well and use as a dip for fresh apple slices.
7. Make a parfait by layering fresh fruit with fat free whipped topping. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cocoa and enjoy!
9. Have a cappucino prepared with skim milk and a shot of sugar free coffee syrup for a satisfying treat.
10. Make a healthy smoothie by combining fresh berries with skim milk, fat free yogurt and ice in your blender. Blend until smooth.
11. My local grocery store carries sugar free angel food cake in their baker department. Each slice only has 70 calories. Drizzle with sugar free Hershey’s chocolate syrup and sprinkle with nuts for a dessert that tastes much moe decadent than it is.
12. Make a quick root beer float by combining sugar free root bear with a scoop of low fat ice cream. Delicious!
Next time you feel like you have to have something sweet, give these quick and healthy dessert ideas a try! You’ll feel satisfied and proud you didn’t blow your healthy eating plan!