Money is tight this year and will be for a while so it’s a great time to get creative when it comes to vacations going forward. One fantastic idea is camping. Everyone loves camping even Oprah and her best friend Gail! While the national parks are wonderful to camp at other choices may be campgrounds. KOA has locations throughout the United States, some sites are very rustic while others are close to rivers and or metropolitan areas… The Seattle Tacoma KOA campgrounds are owned and operated by RC Recreational Adventures Company. The campground is located at 5801 South 212th Street, in Kent, WA zip code is 98032. The Seattle Tacoma KOA is a campground that is near Green River and is very rustic yet tucked very near a bustling, metropolitan area.
Some of the amenities that are offered here are wonderfully equipped and maintained for the pickiest creampuff or any hardened mountain man they include:
* Free Wi-Fi
* Cozy, comfortable recreational vehicle sites
* Rustic tent sites
* Laundry room
* Heated pool
* Pancake breakfast
* Hiking and biking trials along Green River
* Free nightly movies
* Close to Metro route 150 (north to Seattle, south to Kent)
* Fun Cycle rentals
* Bike Rentals
* Nightly security
* Cable tv/phone
The Seattle Tacoma KOA campgrounds is very close to Costco, Home Depot, Target, Walmart and Southcenter Mall. Other attractions that are near are:
Seattle Space Needle – built in 1962’s World’s Fair this 605 feet structure is a unique and world famous symbol of Seattle and 17 miles away from the Seattle Tacoma KOA campgrounds. Other attractions are:
* Forest Green Counry Club where you can play golf and every weekend live Jazz musicians perform expertly and with flair.
* Seattle Aquarium where you can see many different creatures who are found in the Pugent Sound.
* Boeing Museum, which highlights exhibits for the number one employer in all of Washington state Puget Sound area.
* Puget Sound itself which offers ferry trips to Kingston from Edmonds, Bremerton and Bainbridge Island from Seattle, and Friday Harbor from Tacoma to name a few of the routes.
* Tillicum Village where souvenirs of every kind can be found.
* Pike Place Market, a nine acre public market that attracts over nine million visitors every year. More than 100 farmers, 150 craftspeople, nearly 300 commercial businesses and 50 performers is only 17 miles from the Seattle Tacoma KOA campgrounds.
* Safeco Field, the ballpark boasts a view of, not only professional sports events, but also Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline. Safeco Field is 15 miles away from the Seattle Tacoma campgrounds.
* Qwest Field, the event center is home field for the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks, the men’s and women’s Seattle Sounders soccer teams.
* Fort Dent, practice location of the women’s and men’s Seattle Sounders soccer teams.
For tents, floor raisers that elevate any tent off the ground, KOA does not have gravel on the tent sites for camping. Deep woods off is a must have to ward off pests. Foam cushion to place the sleeping bag as well as a border around your campsite. A good idea for a border would be a crosstie or 4x4s. Please note that the tent and or recreational vehicle must be your own as well as sleeping bags, pillows, food, beverages, cleaning supplies including garbage bags. All garbage should be disposed right away into sealed, appropriate containers. Souvenirs can be purchased from the Seattle Tacoma KOA campgrounds front office.
There are two different rates, notably after March the nightly rate to camp at Seattle Tacoma KOA is $33.97 for a tent site and metered electric is available at $5.00 a night. A reservation for 27 days is charged a rate of $1010.00 a month for a tent site which includes water and again the is a $5.00 a night electrity charge. For discounts check your AAA member benefits as well as online discounts at wwww.seattlekoa.com and check you KOA Value Kard Rewards program for any camping points you may have acquired. If you would like to make reservations or have additional questions the phone number for Seattle Tacoma KOA is (800) 562-1892 or (253) 872-8652 and or email to [email protected]. Happy camping!!