During the 1999 NBA draft there were a number of players that were impressive in college and teams were lining up trying to figure out which players they wanted to choose that would help fill team needs. If you had a choice between Elton Brand, Steve Francis, or Barons Davis, who would you pick? Here is a list of the top 10 NBA players that were taken during the 1999 NBA draft. The top 10 were decided by stats and stardom in the NBA.
1. Elton Brand- Brand has been a star in the NBA since being drafted and has averaged a double-double. Brand is looking at possibly making the NBA Hall of Fame if he can win an NBA title. Brand was drafted 1st overall out of Duke and has career averages of 20.1 points and 10.2 rebounds per game.
2. Shawn Marion- Marion may be one of the biggest underrated players in the NBA since being drafted 9th overall out of UNLV in 1999. Marion has been consistent throughout his career and has been extremely impressive playing small forward. Marion is a rare breed because he has averaged a double-double from the small forward position since he began playing. Marion is averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds per game.
3. Richard Hamilton- Hamilton has been a great scorer coming off screens during his NBA career. Hamilton was drafted with the 7th overall pick out of Connecticut. Hamilton is averaging 17.8 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game.
4. Baron Davis- Davis was drafted with the 3rd overall pick of the 1999 NBA draft. Davis has been a great point guard in college for UCLA and in the NBA. Davis has a great passing ability and a great vertical that has helped him be successful during his NBA career. Davis has career averages of 17.1 points, 4 rebounds, and 7.3 assists per game.
5. Corey Maggette- Maggette was drafted 13th overall out of Duke University. Maggette has been effective scoring and rebounding in the NBA. Maggette has career averages of 16.2 points, and 5.1 rebounds per game. Maggette has played for a number of teams but has remained a consistent scorer.
6. Jason Terry- Terry was drafted out of Arizona with the 10th pick of the NBA draft and began his career as a scoring point guard for the Atlanta Hawks. Terry has since moved on but remains a great threat scoring the basketball. Terry has career averages of 16.1 points, 2.9 rebounds, and 5.1 assists per game.
7. Ron Artest- Artest has had a great NBA career and is unfortunately known most for his flamboyant acting on the court instead of his play. Artest was drafted with the 16th overall pick out of St. Johns. Artest has career averages of 16 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 3.1 assists per game.
8. Manu Ginobili- Ginobili was a steal during the 1999 NBA draft. Ginobili was drafted by the San Antonio Spurs out of Argentina and has been a great swingman during their championship runs. Ginobili has career averages of 14.7 points, 4 rebounds, and 3.6 assists per game, mostly coming off the bench.
9. Andre Miller- Miller was drafted with the 8th pick out of Utah and has been a solid point guard that has led the league in assists a couple times. Miller has career averages of 14.5 points, 4.2 rebounds, and 7.4 assists per game.
10. Lamar Odom- Odom was taken with the 4th overall pick out of Rhode Island. Odom has been a star throughout his NBA career and has shown he has the ability to shoot, rebound, and pass the basketball. Odom has career averages of 15.2 points, 8.7 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game.